I am available to give talks, lectures, and presentations on various topics related to my expertise in sociolinguistics and in topics related to academia. I have given numerous talks to scholarly audiences at colleges and universities; to professional groups of K-12+ educators, clinical psychologists, social workers, and judges; and to community groups.
Some of my recent presentation topics include:
- Communication: What We Say, What They Hear
- Judicial Fact Finding and Decision Making: The Role of Language and Language Variation
- Culturally Responsive Psychology: Diversity in Language and Culture Language Variation in Diverse Schools and Communities
- Engaged Scholarship in Linguistics: Partnering with Educators to Communicate about Language Variation
- The Importance of Language in Culturally Responsive Education
- Language Variation in STEM Classrooms
- How to Negotiate an Academic Book Contract
My CV (as of April 2014) provides a complete list of my presentations. Please contact me at <mallinson AT umbc DOT edu> for more information.