I am available to give talks, lectures, and presentations on various topics related to my expertise in sociolinguistics and in topics related to academia. I have given numerous talks to scholarly audiences at colleges and universities as well as to groups of K-12+ educators and community members.
Some of my regular presentation topics include:
- Language Variation in Diverse Schools and Communities
- Southern English and Appalachian English
- African American English, including its History and Development
- Regional, Gender, and Class Variation in Varieties of American English
- Linguistically and Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Service-Learning in Sociolinguistics
- Interdisciplinarity: Sociolinguistics and Sociology
- How to Negotiate an Academic Book Contract
My CV (updated June 2013) provides a complete list of my presentations. Please contact me at <mallinson AT umbc DOT edu> for more information.